[box title=”” border_width=”2″ border_color=”#dd9933″ border_style=”solid” align=”center”]
Griffin comes out with another decent iPhone case!
Griffin Identity – A great case with one flaw
The Griffin Identity a case that’s a little more flashy than Griffin’s other cases and surprisingly, it does fairly well. It comes in three pieces, is drop rated to 4ft/1.2m and comes with a screen protector though we’re not big fans of it.
For our Griffin Identity review, we’ve given it a score of 4.4 Eh’s out of 5. It scores just a smidge lower than the Survivor core and a tad higher than the Slim Armor. We prefer all three of these cases over Griffin’s Survivor All Terrain for everyday use. If you rather read the rest of the review, head over to the website and if you’re going to get a Griffin Case, check out the comparison table!
Compare With other
(out of 5)
|Top Buy Buttons|
- iPhone feels solid in the case
- Decent screen protector
- Thin (if screen protector isn't used)
- Tougher than most other slim cases
- Dust/debris may be an issue
|Potential Problems||Potential Problems:|
- If using the Identity as a bumper, dust/debris will get between the iPhone and case
- Very thin if used without the screen protector
- Almost as thick as the Survivor Slim with some Identity versions
|Build Quality||Build Quality (4.5/5):|
- Holds up well over time
- Back and bumper can easily come apart
|General Protection||General Protection (4.5/5):|
- Drop rated to 4ft or 1.2m
- Screen protector is included
- Dust/debris may become an issue
- Not as tough as the Griffin Survivor Core and Survivor Slim(6ft/2m drop protection)
|iPhone Functionality||iPhone Functionality (5/5):|
- Buttons on the iPhone are easy to use
- Able to use any sized Lightning cable or headphones
- Handles very well
|Screen Functionality||Screen Functionality (4.5/5):|
- No issues with the iPhones screen functionality
- Screen protector has an adhesive back so there are no gaps
- No reduction in the quality of the iPhone's screen
|Bottom Purchase Buttons|
Design – Different thickness for different Griffin Identities?
In terms of design, the size of the case can be quite thick or it could be quite thin depending on the version of the Griffin Identity that you get. On the iPhone 6 Plus, we purchased an Idenity whose back looks like a speaker grill that has a slight round on the back so coupled with the screen protector, this Identity is almost as thick as the Survivor Slim. However, on the iPHone 6, we had the graphite version, which has a back that is flush on the back, which makes the iPhone case quite thin.
In terms of build quality, the I’m not a big fan of how the case goes together as the back breaks out from the bumper fairly easily. Other than that, the case seems to keep together fairly well.