Find out why this is a great alternative to Apple’s Silicone case in our Seidio Dilex Pro Review
Is Sedio Dilex Pro for the Iphone 6 and 6 Plus worth getting? We think so! This is a slim case from Sedio though they do say its protective with fancy words like HexGuard, this is not a substitute for tougher cases like the Ballistic Tough Jacket or Urbanite.
Right off the bat, We’re big fans of this case even though our iPhone was damaged in a small 3ft drop off a bed. The texture of the case is really nice and the design of the case greatly improves the handling of your iPhone. The kickstand on the case works decently but only in one direction.
Based on our time with this case, we gave this case a score of 4.2 Eh’s out of 5. This case is a great alternative to Apple’s Silicone case and you get much more for less money which is a win-win but if you’re looking for something tougher, then check out the Tech 21 cases or a Thule Atmos X3. If you want to see how this case compares against other cases, check out our comparison tool!
| Compare With other |
|Seidio Dilex Pro|
(out of 5)
|Top Buy Buttons|
- Incredibly slim
- Very thin for a multi-layer case
- Shape of the case makes it easier to use your iPhone with 1-hand
- Works with edge-to-edge screen protectors
- Fairly scratch resistant
- Doesn't offer much drop protection
- Apple Logo is exposed
- Doesn't offer as much screen protection
|Potential Problems||Potential Problems:|
- None that we can think of
(Seidio Dilex Pro)
- Not much thicker than Apple's silicone case
- Will not add much bulk to your iPhone
|Build Quality||Build Quality (5/5):|
- The Sedio Dilex Pro feels solid
- Soft feeling rubber back is scratch resistant
- Case fits well together
- Good blend of hard plastic and grippy rubber. Easy enough to slide into pockets, textured enough to prevent slipping on tables
- Atmos X3 doesn't scratch easily
(Seidio Dilex Pro)
|General Protection||General Protection (1.75/5):|
- Not drop rated
- Our iPhone was damaged from a 3ft drop
- Cutout on the back exposes iPhone
- Edges of the case provide minimal clearance for screen
(Seidio Dilex Pro)
|iPhone Functionality||iPhone Functionality (4.75/5):|
- Great access to the buttons on your iPhone
- Cutout at the bottom of the Dilex Pro allows for slightly larger lightning cables and slightly larger headphones
- Metal kickstand is useful (more so on the iPhone 6 Plus version)
|Screen Functionality||Screen Functionality (5/5):|
- Does not get in the way of viewing/accessing your iPhone's touchscreen
- Easy access to iPhone's touchscreen because of low edges
|Bottom Purchase Buttons|
Design – As thin as the Apple Silicone case but has twice the layers?
In terms of design, this is a really thin case as it’s not much thicker than Apples silicone case but the crazy thing is that it has two layers to the case. The case fits well together and the back seems fairly scratch resistant which makes it wear a little better than other cases.
Installing/removing the case is quite easy as well though we will note that there is a chance that the power button will not align properly so if that happens, take your iPhone and re-install the case.
Protection – Hexguard does what?
In terms of protection, the Seidio Dilex Pro isn’t going to provide much drop protection. Even from a low drop, the case didn’t do much to stop one of our corners from being slightly damaged. In terms of dust protection, the case won’t let dust and debris along the sides but the Apple logo on the back is exposed.
For the iPhones touchscreen, the lips of the case aren’t very high so we definitely recommend getting a screen protector with this case. On our case, we had a Amzer Kristal edge-to-edge case and the Dilex Pro didn’t get in the way/peel off the screen protector.
Functionality – Doesn’t get in the way of much
In terms of functionality, the headphone jack cutout will accommodate slightly larger jacks. The lightning part cutout will allow for larger cable types. Other than that, you can easily access everything on your iPhone.
The Seidio Dilex Pro actually makes it easier to handle your iPhone as the cutouts and the texture of the case have been strategically placed where your fingers can easily find them. We’re big fans of this case because of that feature.
Have questions about our Seidio Dilex Pro Review? Please ask them on our Google+ page or on our Facebook page.