The Tough Armor is one of Spigen’s best cases. If you get the right one!
Spigen Tough Armor Review – Galaxy S7 (and S7 Edge)
The Spigen Tough Armor is one of Spigen’s best cases for the S7 and S7 Edge. The Tough Armor is one of Spigen’s larger cases but the added bulk means that it provides more protection than some of Spigen’s slimmer cases like the Thin Fit and Liquid Crystal.
One of the oddities with the Tough Armor involve the coating used on the polycarbonate piece. Several of our Tough Armors came with a soft-rubber coating which greatly improved the handling of the Galaxy S7 while other cases didn’t. If you are looking at getting this case, make sure you get the version with the soft-rubber coating though we’re not sure if the kickstand comes with the soft touch rubber versions. Just be care as the soft-rubber versions of the case will scratch a little easier.
The one thing we didn’t like about the Tough Armor are the buttons as they sit flush with the edges of the case. From our perspective, its almost like they are hidden as you need to feel out the buttons every time you try to press them.
For our Spigen Tough Armor Review, we’ve given this S7 case a score of 3.9 Eh’s out of 5. The Tough Armor does better than Spigen Slim Armor but isn’t good as one of our current S7 case favourites, the Tech 21 Evo Check. If you want to see what other Spigen cases that we’ve reviewed, check out our comparison tool!
If you’re looking for some help choosing the right Spigen case for you, scroll to the bottom of this review and we’ve got several use-cases to help you out.
|Spigen Tough Armor|
(out of 5)
|Full Review||Full Review|
iPhone 6(s): 34.99 USD
|Top Buy Buttons|
- Drop-rated case
- Soft-rubber coated versions handle very well
- Kickstand provides hands free viewing
- Spigen's toughest case for the S7
- One of our highest rated Spigen cases for the S7
- Some case don't have the soft rubber back
- Buttons sit flush along the edge of the case
- Soft rubber backed cases show fingerprints
(Spigen Tough Armor)
|Design||- One of Spigen's largest S7 cases|
- Case fits well together
- Cases with soft rubber back don't slip on flat surfaces
- Fairly light/doesn't add noticeable weight to S7
- Fingerprinting on soft rubber back cases
- Doesn't slip out of hand easily
|Protection||- Multiple layers|
- Edges provide screen protection
- No issues with dust/debris
- No screen protector included
|Functionality||- Buttons are hard to find along edge of case|
- Certain version include a kickstand
- Edges do not interfere with screen
- No issues with hardware access
- No issues with one-handed usage
|Bottom Buy Buttons|
What Spigen Galaxy S7 case should you get?
From our experience with a dozen Spigen cases between the iPhone and S7, here’s what we’ve come up for the different cases:
- Thinnest – Spigen Liquid Crystal or Thin Fit
- Clear back – Spigen Ultra Hybrid for the S7 Edge (it has raised edges)
- Minimalist – Spigen Liquid Crystal
Again, for our Spigen Tough Armor review, we gave this case a score of 3.9 Eh’s out of 5. Have questions about our “Spigen Tough Armor Review – Galaxy S7” post? Please ask them on our Google+ page or our Facebook page or our About Us page.