Another clear-back case by Spigen. Works great with the S7 Edge.
Spigen Ultra Hybrid Review – Galaxy S7 (and S7 Edge)
The Spigen Ultra Hybrid is basically a super-tough version of the Liquid Crystal. It’s a clear-backed case though you can get versions that have coloured edges. This case works better for the S7 Edge in our opinion. The Crystal Shell, which is another clear-backed, tough case handles better than the Ultra Hybrid because the edges are a little thinner.
The Ultra Hybrid handles fairly well, but the corner doesn’t have the same texture as the Crystal Shell, so it tends to slip out of the palm a little easier. The clear back shows fingerprints easily which may be off-putting for some. The S7 Edge version of the case has little feet that keep the back off a flat surface so it will not scratch as easily. This case will slide off a table quickly if placed back-first.
For our Spigen Ultra Hybrid review Review, we’ve given this S7 case a score of 3.5 Eh’s out of 5. From a scoring standpoint, it receives the same score as the Crystal Shell but not as high as the Spigen Tough Armor or Slim Armors. If you want to see what other Spigen cases that we’ve reviewed, check out our comparison tool!
If you’re looking for some help choosing the right Spigen case for you, scroll to the bottom of this review and we’ve got several use-cases to help you out.
|Spigen Ultra Hybrid|
(out of 5)
|Full Review||Full Review|
iPhone 6(s): 24.99 USD
|Top Buy Buttons|
- A clear, drop-rated case
- Decent one-handed usage
- Case shows grease marks easily
- S7 will slide around easily
- Clear back will show scratches
(Spigen Ultra Hybrid)
|Design||- Slightly smaller than the Crystal Shell|
- Case fits well with S7
- Back will slip around on flat surfaces (S7 version, not Edge version)
- Fairly light/doesn't add noticeable weight to S7
- Back will show scratches (Not as much on the Edge version)/fingerprints
- Stays in the hand well despite slick back
|Protection||- Single layered case|
- Edges provide screen protection
- No issues with dust/debris
- No screen protector included
|Functionality||- Buttons are easy to use/find|
- No extra versatility
- Edges do not interfere with screen
- No issues with hardware access
- Case works well with one-handed usage but not as well as the Crystal Shell
|Bottom Buy Buttons|
What Spigen Galaxy S7 case should you get?
From our experience with a dozen Spigen cases between the iPhone and S7, here’s what we’ve come up with the different cases:
- Thin and grippy – Spigen Liquid Crystal
- Toughest – Spigen Tough Armor or Slim Armor
- Wallet Case – Spigen Wallet
Again, for our Spigen Ultra Hybrid review, we gave this case a score of 3.5 Eh’s out of 5. Have questions about our post? Please ask them on our Google+ page or our Facebook page or our About Us page.